question

Domigotchi avatar image
Domigotchi asked

How to debug an Adobe AIR App on Kindle Fire HD?

Hi, i'm developing a game for Kindle Fire and purchased a Kindle Fire HD for debugging purposes. I'm using Stage3D but can't get hardware acceleration work on the Kindle emulator, so i thought a real device will help. Stage3D on the device works quite nice, but i can't connect my app with the debugger. The debugger only works on the emulator. Now I wrote an air native extension for the gamecircle api, and i could test it on the kindle emulator. There it worked fine. But something is going wrong on my device, but i can't get any debug information on the ActionScript side of my code. I can only hope that the logcat is helping me. Is there any way to get a debugger working with the kindle fire hd?
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Girish@Amazon avatar image
Girish@Amazon answered
Hi Roxy, Thank you for your question. We are currently looking into this and will update you soon.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Domigotchi avatar image
Domigotchi answered
Thanks, a lot. I'll be waiting for your answer.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Hi Roxy, To get debugger working with the Kindle Fire HD, please refer to our documentation on https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/connect-adb.html

Domigotchi avatar image
Domigotchi answered
Hi Anshul, that doesn't help me. I'm using adb, but the debug version of my app crashs on startup intend. adb logcat says only something like "process died", when the app crashs. All is fine if i do the same with release version, but i can't connect to the debugger.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Could you please raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html ) with us with your app details and logs so that we can look into it and help you resolve your problem.

Domigotchi avatar image
Domigotchi answered
The support couldn't help me, but i found the solution on my own. It is possible to use the debugger on Kindle Fire HD, if you install the "runtime.apk" of Adobe AIR for android emulator on the device. You can install it via adb install.

johnhattan avatar image
johnhattan answered
On a somewhat-related note, is there any chance that you'll release that GameCircle ANE for sale/free? Been thinking of writing one myself, but it'd be miles easier if I could stand on someone else's shoulders, as I've never written an ANE.

Domigotchi avatar image
Domigotchi answered
I'm currently just using the leaderboards and achievments features for my ane. If you're still interested you can contact me via email dominik at domigotchi.de