question

xiledsystems avatar image
xiledsystems asked

Weird File issue

I'm seeing a strange issue with image files on the Kindle Fire HD 7". I have a drawing app that saves images on external storage in it's own folder. On the kindle, everything is fine, the images can be viewed in the Kindle's photo viewer, and in the app fine. However, since a recent OS update on the Kindle Fire, when connecting through the USB to computer, the image is corrupt. It gets part of the file, but the whole image doesn't show. This doesn't seem to be just images, it seems like it doesn't refresh the contents in the external storage folders when connected over USB. Again, on the Kindle itself, everything is fine, but when trying to pull new stuff off, it doesn't work (file size doesnt match what the kindle says, almost like it died when scanning the contents). Is anyone else seeing this behaviour? (BTW, the original Kindle Fire seems to be working fine. I don't have an 8.9, but I assume it will have the same issue as the 7). Ryan
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

xiledsystems answered
Nevermind, found the issue. I mistakenly had the media scanner scan the file before saving the png. I now run the media scanner after exporting the png, and everything is good.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

xiledsystems answered
Found the issue. Message was edited by: xiledsystems