question

axite avatar image
axite asked

inputType “numberSigned” and “numberDecimal” cancel each other out

I have a calculator-type app in the store that has some editText boxes that only allow numbers, decimals, and negative numbers. I put in the XML android:inputType="numberDecimal|numberSigned". This worked great for every device I tested it on, except I just got a email from someone using a Kindle Fire first-generation saying that they can't input a decimal or negative number because . and - are greyed out. I set up a Kindle Fire first-generation emulator in Eclipse and started playing around, and sure enough I found the following: android:inputType="numberDecimal|numberSigned" android:inputType="number|numberDecimal|numberSigned" which caused both . and - to be greyed out. numberDecimal and numberSigned both work fine when they are only paired with "number" but not each other. Does anyone know how to make numberDecimal|numberSigned work together, or make a editText only allow numbers, decimals, and negative versions of the two former on the Kindle Fire first-generation? Or how do I make sure that Kindle Fire 1st gen users get a "This device not compatible" when in the Play store?
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi axite, We provide a device targeting feature which enables you to take a single app and target specific APKs to specific Amazon devices, as well as target a single, general APK that covers all other non-Amazon Android devices. While submitting your app, you will have option to select the target devices for your app. You can mark your app incompatible for Kindle Fire 1G if you do not want it to be available on this device.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.