question

M. Dent avatar image
M. Dent asked

Kindle Fire Emulator HD has diagonal line running from top left to bottom

Hi I have installed the emulators as described by Amazon and everything is working fine on the Kindle Fire 1st and 2nd gen ok. However on the 7" and 8.9 HD model emulators I am getting a diagonal joint running from top left to bottom right. This separates either side of the screen by a few pixels and look terrible. I'm hoping this is an emulator problem as the home screen also has this line and not just my app. I would like to rectify this problem just to ensure that the problem is the emulator and not the real device and it also makes designing the screen pretty awkward. We don't have the 8.9 HD available in the UK so I cannot test on a real machine but hopefully will be trying a real 7"HD model next week. Hope someone can help Cheers Mike
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Mike, I tested an app on both HD 7 emulator as well as HD 8.9 emulator and I did not see any diagonal joint from top left to bottom right. There must be some issue with the installation of the emulator on your system. Can you please try re-installing the Kindle SDK add-ons and then try running the emulators again. You can find the detailed documentation and helpful guide for installing emulator at the following link: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/emulator-guide.html Hope this will help. Thank you.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.