question

brusnell avatar image
brusnell asked

Calling eglSwapInterval on Kindle Fire

Hi, I have an OpenGL program running on a few Android devices, without any issues. However, when I run my app on a Kindle Fire, my call to eglSwapInterval() returns EGL_BAD_PARAMETER. My call looks like: eglSwapInterval( eglGetDisplay( EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY ), 1 ); I understand that 1 is the default value, and that values outside of the accepted min and max values will be silently clamped. This is why I'm confused as to why "1" is a bad parameter. My code allows for other values to be passed in, based on an init structure, but the error I'm debugging right now results from passing in 1. Any ideas? Thanks. -- Brennan
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Venkat@Amazon avatar image
Venkat@Amazon answered
Hi Brusnell, Thank you for your post. As mentioned by you eglSwapInterval() works well on few Android Devices. Could you please confirm the Android API levels on which it is working?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brusnell avatar image
brusnell answered
Hi, The Kindle is running v2.3.4, and the devices that work are running v4.0.4 and v4.1.1. Is there a cutoff for this functionality? If there so, what version of the Android OS is the minimum we can use? Thanks. -- Brennan

Venkat@Amazon avatar image
Venkat@Amazon answered
eglSwapInterval() is added in Android Version 4.2 API level 17 (Link : http://developer.android.com/reference/android/opengl/EGL14.html). Please refer (Link : https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/specifications.html) for more information on Kindle Fire Android versions.