question

PrincessSofie avatar image
PrincessSofie asked

VPN -- Initial setup on Kindle Fire HD

Hello all--new to the forums w 1st question: I swing between android & Apple...having more knowledge of Mac products. Still learning Windows/android. I setup a VPN thru PrivateInternetAccess on my iPhone5 & MacAir w/o difficulty. Attempted same w Kindle. Software download gave 2 choices (Windows vs Mac) Kindle will not accept the Windows download. Anything I can do to facilitate this process, or is it simply not going to happen? (I can live with that....world won't end) Should the download work, I then need one of 2 apps to continue. Problem is, info requested by these apps doesn't match the info I have to enter. I'm blocked x2 thus far. Suggestions? Thanks in advance to you computer whizzes out there! Anything I can do to facilitate the process? Or is this simply not going to happen?
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi PrincessSofie, Thanks for showing interest on Kindle. Private Internet Access does not provide any installable binary for android platform. So when you are going to select "Windows" as target platform to download, Kindle refuses to download it. To enable VPN in Kindle, you need to install a VPN client (available in Amazon App Store) application. One recommended product could be Cisco AnyConnect. You need to configure it with server address before you try to connect your Virtual Private Network. Hope this helps.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.