question

vpnit avatar image
vpnit asked

Developer select ad impressions

Hello, I've seen my app has been approved and also qualifies for the "Developer Select" program. That's good! But I have a few questions. The info page says qualifying apps will receive 500,000 free mobile ad impressions across the Amazon Mobile Ad Network: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/devselect.html#benefits After looking for info on Amazon's Mobile Ad Network, I've seen it displays banners like these: http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=5500260011 So, how do I create such banners? When uploading an app, you can upload a "Promotional image" with a size of 1024x500, but that's not banner sized, as displayed in the link above. So are only tall banners used? (such as the "Promotional image"). Or do I have to upload additional banners somewhere? Apparently, the ad impressions for my app were already automatically scheduled for the days 2 and 3 of January. Can I change the images before? Thanks! Thank you!
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Vpnit, If your app is qualified for Developer Select Program, that means you have provided the required assets what are needed for the promotion. So you do not need to do anything extra once the app is approved and qualified. For your info, the developers are supposed to provide below assets in the app settings in developer portal during submission. Screenshots Between 3 and 10 PNGs or JPGs 800 x 480px, 1024 x 600px, 1280 x 720px, 1280 x 800px, 1920 x 1200px, or 2560 x 1600px (portrait or landscape) Promotional image (Recommended) 1024 x 500px (landscape only) PNG or JPG
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vpnit avatar image
vpnit answered
Hello, yes, I did provide those assets. But since Developer Select runs a banner ad campaign, what image will be used for the banners? Only the 1024x500 "promotional image"? Even for thin banners? Can I change the promotional picture before the campaign goes live in a couple of days? Thanks!
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Vpnit, Thank you for writing back. We are reaching out to the team driving the promotion so we can validate the correct asset formats that will be used. I will post back shortly.
10 |5000

vpnit avatar image
vpnit answered
Thanks for your answer. Also, I've realized that maybe the campaign is not today, as I thought. In the "Campaign Summary" box I can see the following: "Duration 2/1/14 - 3/1/14" At first I read that as January 2nd and January 3rd, 2014 (since where I live dates have the D/M/Y format). But since today I see the message "Your campaign has not started yet", I guess the date actually has the M/D/Y format, so that would be February 1st to March 1st, 2014, is it? Maybe that information should be spelled with the complete month names, to avoid international date format confusion. Ok, so I'm awaiting for the info on banner formats. Thank you for your help!
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Vpnit, You are correct that the date format is MM/DD/YYYY format. So you have couple of days before the promotion starts. Regarding the assets, I am trying to get the correct information from concerned team about the marketing assets. I will post back shortly. Thanks for your patience.
10 |5000

vpnit avatar image
vpnit answered
Any info on this? Thanks!
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Vpnit, Sorry for the delay to respond. Below is the information I got from the team. How is the your ad created? Icon – The 512x512 size is used. App Title – Is your display title. Price, reviews and ratings are retrieved when the ad campaign is shown to the end-user. It will be identical to what you see on the detail page. Icon, App Title are static (once a campaign is created, won't get updated) Price, reviews and ratings are dynamic (once a campaign is created, it will update as the underlying data changes). So, if your app is selected for ADS, that means you have provided all required assets. You do not need to submit any additional assets for banner. Thanks.
10 |5000

vpnit avatar image
vpnit answered
Thanks for your answer. Sorry, but I still don't understand. In your latest post you only mention the 512x512 icon and the app title (plus price, reviews and ratings). Is that all that's used in the campaign? I thought I needed some actual banners to be displayed to users. According to this page, banners are shown to the users, and there are a lot of resolutions the banners can have (see table in that page). So, how do I provide the banners? Only the 1024x500 promotional image is used? Or maybe that info doesn't have anything to do with the "Developer select" campaigns? Thank you!
10 |5000

vpnit avatar image
vpnit answered
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Jose, Please note that the Developer Select ad campaigns are developed by Amazon on your behalf, they are not the same thing as the Amazon advertiser information you have referenced. For Developer Select ad's we use your Icon, title, price info and reviews to create a standard banner ad, developers do not have any control over how this is displayed for the Developer Select program.
10 |5000