question

gouravgoyal86 avatar image
gouravgoyal86 asked

unable to create an external file directory in Kindle fire HD7 emulator

I am unable to create an external file directory in Kindle fire HD7 emulator with SD card 512 MiB and getting an exception Exception==java.io.IOException: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied) . I have set write permission in manifiest even though I am unable to write. Its wrorking fine in Kindle fire (2nd Gen) (API level 15) with SD card 512 MiB. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks in advance.
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Gouravgoyal86, Thank you for posting. Creation of external file directory normally works in Kindle emulators. There are two things to check for you. 1. Make sure is added outside the tag. 2. Please check config.ini for your avd. The location of this file in windows is C:\Users\\.android\avd\Kindle_HD.avd In this file following two properties should be set hw.sdCard=yes sdcard.size=512M If these are not set, please edit the avd and set SD Card in it.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gouravgoyal86 avatar image
gouravgoyal86 answered
Thanks for your reply. I have already set all the properties you have mentioned. I just changed Hardware Back/home property from no to yes. And it is working fine now.