question

unverbraucht avatar image
unverbraucht asked

Semi-transparent bar on left side in landscape

Hi all, my app is working on KF just fine, but I'm baffled by a semi-transparent black bar hovering over the app in landscape only. Screenshot can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3632320/Screenshot_2013-09-09-12-08-24.png It disappears in Portrait and can't be seen in Hierarchy Viewer. Does anybody know how to disable this? Thanks and all the best, Kevin
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Unverbraucht, I took a look at the screen shot and did not understand what it is appearing in the left. I have couple of follow up questions: 1. What is the device you are testing your app? 2. Does it appear in all the Kindle fires. 3. I saw your developer portal account and found only one app which is in "IN_PROGRESS" status and the binary is not uploaded. Can you upload the apk there? I want to see it in different Amazon devices.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

unverbraucht answered
Hi Sujoy, sorry that it took me so long to get back here. 1. I tested on a Kindle Fire HD 7". 2. I tried it on a KF 2nd Gen AVD and the effects were the same. 3. I'll upload an in-progress apk. Thanks for your help!
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Unverbraucht, Thank you for writing back. I have sent you a mail to your registered mail id. Can you send me the apk?
10 |5000

unverbraucht answered
Hi Sujoy, sure. I didn't get a mail yet. My mail id should be ok, I got other mails from Amazon developer before. Could you try again please?
10 |5000

unverbraucht answered
Well, it arrived just as I wrote that, sorry about that. You have mail :)
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Unverbraucht, Just an update. The issue does not appear in all our new devices. The is there in all the old devices. I am still trying to isolate the issue from your whole app. Is that possible for you to create an app with sliding view like yours original one to see what is creating the UI glitch only in landscape mode? If yes please post that minimum code what could repro the issue?
10 |5000