question

rcneuratron avatar image
rcneuratron asked

Problem detecting small touch motions

We have an app currently available in the Google Play store, which we're currently testing on Kindle, and we're having some problems with touch-detection, when running on a Kindle Fire HD or HDX. To help diagnose the problem, we tested a number of free drawing apps, from different developers, and they all behaved similarly. If you try to draw a small circle (roughly 2-4mm diameter), either nothing is drawn, or, in some apps, only a single dot is drawn. However, if instead you draw a line, and then--without raising the stylus/your finger from the page--draw an identical small circle at the end of that line, then the circle is rendered as you would expect. What's causing this? Is there some setting or API function you can call to stop this behaviour?
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Rcneuratron, Can you please provide a sample code how you are drawing the shapes? If you can provide a sample app what can demonstrate the issue in Kindle Fire HD or HDX devices, that would be helpful for us.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rcneuratron avatar image
rcneuratron answered
I'm afraid I can't supply you with sample code, but every drawing app I tried displayed the problem. Here is one example: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sketch-n-Draw-Pad-HD/dp/B0071PARPA/
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Thanks Rcneuratron for writing back. I can see the issue now. I am forwarding to the appropriate team. Please wait for my next post.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi, The problem is identified by the team and it would be fixed in the subsequent release. Thanks for reporting this.
10 |5000