question

lonebuyer avatar image
lonebuyer asked

Super Fullscreen Mode blocks user interaction

I followed the guide, "Understand How Fullscreen Modes Affect Layout", for getting Super Fullscreen mode in my app (code below). But what I'm finding is that when Super Fullscreen mode is active clicking any visible view (like a button) on the screen never works the first time. Instead, the softkey bar shows up, and then and only then will any button be clickable. Is there any way to have Super Fullscreen mode just be that (A fullscreen mode with no blocking of user interaction)? Perhaps I'm missing some more code? @Override protected void onCreate(final Bundle savedInstanceState) {     super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);     setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);       getWindow().addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN);       // This flag is only available in API level 14 and later.     getWindow().getDecorView().setSystemUiVisibility(View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION); } Guide Page : https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/kindle-fire/app-development/01--screen-layout-and-resolution#Understand How Fullscreen Modes Affect Layout                            
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Pete, This seems to be by design and is observed in Generic Android devices (Nexus 7 too) also. Per Android documentation of SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION, "There is a limitation: because navigation controls are so important, the least user interaction will cause them to reappear immediately. When this happens, both this flag and SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN will be cleared automatically, so that both elements reappear at the same time." http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/View.html#SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

BiPol@r avatar image
BiPol@r answered
Other Android Devices don't have the little Amazon Full Screen handle that the kindle does so they don't need to use those flags to prevent the handle from blocking user interaction. If we cannot hide the handle and provide user interaction then that means the handle must be visible whenever the user interacts with the device. That is not how other Android Devices work. They never block user interaction with UI elements which cannot be hidden by the SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN flag. The Kindle should respect that flag and hide the Full Screen handle like real Android Devices do.
10 |5000