question

ribs85 avatar image
ribs85 asked

Getting user's account email

Hello, Is there a way of getting the user's primary account's e-mail address on the Kindle Fire? With Android, one can get the email address(es) by using, for example: Intent intent = AccountPicker.newChooseAccountIntent(null, null, new String[] { GoogleAuthUtil.GOOGLE_ACCOUNT_TYPE }, false, null, null, null, null); startActivityForResult(intent, Main.REQUEST_EMAILADDRESS); However, this code obviously doesn't work in Kindle. I've tried to iterate through all accounts on the device like so: Account[] accounts = AccountManager.get(getActivity()).getAccounts(); And going through the resulting array, but I still cannot get the actual e-mail address. This only returns the user's name and account type, not an e-mail address, which is what I really need.
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Ribs85, There is no way of getting users email address programmatically at this moment in Kindle Fire. Thanks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.