question

Cory J. Trese avatar image
Cory J. Trese asked

Options Menu Bugs in Kindle Fire HD 7(Gen2) or Kindle Fire HD 8.9(Gen2)

I have heard from the Amazon App Submission team that these two devices have bugs in Option Menu handling. * Kindle Fire HD 7(Gen2) * Kindle Fire HD 8.9(Gen2) Specifically, they fail to correctly render OptionsMenu overflows like a standard Android reference device running equivalent OS and hardware. I am using this code: @Override public boolean onCreateOptionsMenu(Menu menu) { super.onCreateOptionsMenu(menu); menu.add(0, MENU_STATUS, 1, R.string.status); menu.add(0, MENU_CONTRACTS, 2, R.string.contracts); menu.add(0, MENU_MAP, 3, R.string.zoom_map); menu.add(0, MENU_RUMOR, 4, R.string.rumors); menu.add(0, MENU_NAVI, 5, R.string.navi_menu); menu.add(0, MENU_CENTER, 6, R.string.center); menu.add(0, MENU_HELP, 7, R.string.help); menu.add(0, MENU_OPTIONS, 8, R.string.options); menu.add(0, MENU_SCORE, 9, R.string.score); menu.add(0, MENU_AWARD, 10, R.string.awards); menu.add(0, MENU_QUIT, 11, R.string.quit); return true; } And unfortunately this works great on every Android device in my collection. Even Kindle Fire HD 7(Gen2) or Kindle Fire HD 8.9(Gen2) but what I am hearing from the App Submission team is that these devices have some type of bug. My Question: [b]Does anyone know the work around for OptionsMenu overflow bugs on Kindle Fire HD or Kindle Fire HD 8.9 under Amazon testing conditions?[/b]
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Cory, As explained in the response of the case you raised, I am able to reproduce the issue in HD 7. System Version : 7.4.8_user_4849020 Can you please let me know which version of OS you have in your 2nd gen devices?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.