question

Mark Mainey avatar image
Mark Mainey asked

Rotation issues on a HDX 8.9

Hi Guys, We recently failed submission on rotation issues on 5 Amazon devices (HDX 7 WAN, HD 7, HDX 7 WiFi, HDX 8.9 WAN, HDX 8.9 WiFi) with the following comments: Observation:- App is always inverted in landscape mode : Steps to recreate error 1. install and launch app 2. hold device in landscape mode 3. app is always inverted in landscape mode After searching many Unity forums we found the safest fix was to prevent rotation and just go for a fixed screen. We did this, tested on our devices and resubmitted the build. However this morning we find we fail again with the same comments as above but this time only on 2 devices (HDX 8.9 WAN & HDX 8.9 WiFi) How can this build have fixed the issue on 3 devices but not the other 2? Also I have just tested the fixed (2nd submission) build on our HDX 8.9 and the rotation is definitely fixed rather than auto rotating. Has anyone else come across the same issue? I am at a loss what to do next?? M.
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Mark, Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded your case for review. I see you have filed a ContactUs case also on the same. I will get back to you through that case since it's an app specific scenario. Thanks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Mainey avatar image
Mark Mainey answered
Thanks Sujoy, Just a note to other developers. Even though our app failed on the HDX 8.9's our game has still been set to 'Live ' and is available for download on the store. But only by luck we realised that the game is not available on the 8.9. If you look on Amazon.com it shows that the game is not compatible with my 3rd Kindle and therefore you cannot find our game on the Amazon store if you view it with an 8.9 I know it sounds quite fair that this should happen, but we were given no notice of this and therefore not totally aware that there is more work to be done. It would be great if there was an indicator in the developer console dashboard which showed all compatible Amazon devices each game is available on. Thanks
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Your app is now compatible for HDX 8.9
10 |5000