question

sickdevilbear avatar image
sickdevilbear asked

search button & auto-rotate issues

My game using unity3d(ver4.2.2) engine ,and now i have some problems in Kindle Fire tablets. 1.pressing kindle Fire's search button during gameplay contains no functionality. (i found this issue appears all unity game, For example:temple run2). 2.Auto-rotate causes considerable lag on the Kindle HD Fire 8.9 but it's work fine on other android devices.This issue also appears other unity3d game.
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello sickdevilbear , To answer your questions. The search button doesn't perform functionality as Unity actually overrides the search button behavior at the engine level. If you are wanting it to function in your game you would be checking for if the current key pressed is KeyCode.F2 and then bridge in the ability for Android to accept an ACTION_SEARCH intent. For the second question, this has been something that Unity developers have experienced for a while unfortunately. It would probably be to your benefit to either fix the orientation for that device specifically or to contact Unity to see if they can look into performance issues with the device.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.