question

Maggie avatar image
Maggie asked

Canvas Performance Problems on Kindle HDX 7" (3rd Gen) - Texture Cache full

We have an activity with a view using a canvas, used for a kid's painting style app. the onDraw function is simply : protected void onDraw(Canvas canvas) { canvas.drawPath( mPath, mPaint); } There is a touch event handler that updates mPath as the user moves their finger on the screen. Behind the canvas is a fullscreen bitmap background. There are a couple of small UI buttons in front of the canvas. On all other devices the drawing is smooth (>30 FPS). But on the HDX 7" (3rd Gen) with OS version 13.3.2.4_user_324002120, were getting about 2 FPS. Every time onDraw is called, this is coming out on the console : 08-06 11:08:44.885: D/OpenGLRenderer(25014): Texture cache full: limit 25165824 size 9376000 cannot accomodate = 16000000 This was not happening when we tested a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone offer any advice for solving this? Do you need any further information? Alternatively, Is there a better place to report an issue like this? Many thanks in advance[b][/b][b][/b][b][/b] Message was edited by: Maggie[b][/b][i][/i][u][/u] Message was edited by: Maggie
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
I would appreciate if you please write a sample app to demonstrate this issue and share it with us. Thanks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.