question

squids1234 avatar image
squids1234 asked

Carousel uses old icons?

Recently I added an updated version of an application, and when it is installed the icon used in the carousel and apps section is the incorrect icon - I would greatly help appreciate attempting to debug this. A couple of quick things: - The icon uploaded to the Amazon Dev Center is correctly viewed as the icon in the app store. - The icon uploaded to the Amazon Dev Center is the set application icon in the AndroidManifest.xml -> application android:icon and appears correctly on other android devices. - The icon appearing on the carousel is the old icon uploaded to the Amazon Dev Center - The icon appearing is also used as the icon of the main activity in the app - I removed the original app from the device and cloud in attempts to shake any type of caching if it occurs - Tested independently on 2 different generation Kindle Fire tablets Am I missing anything in specific? Given other threads it seems that the icon should be pulling from the uploaded Dev Center so regardless of what my app manifest points to it should pull from there is what I am assuming. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

squids1234 avatar image
squids1234 answered
As an update to the forum - it must have been a server caching situation. After about ~24 hours the icon was correctly replaced, even for apps that were installed (that is, the icons updated on the device without a reinstall). Thanks to everyone who took a look at my question.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.