question

cylon-u87 avatar image
cylon-u87 asked

Exception "Screen"

For a few weeks, some strange crashes start to appear in my developer console. The Error Type is [b]Screen[/b] instead of the exception. Here is an example: [b]Screen at android.widget.ListView.layoutChildren(ListView.java:1599) at android.widget.AbsListView$CheckForTap.run(AbsListView.java:3286) at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:755) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5262) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:826) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:642) at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)[/b] I checked them all and it's only for Amazon devices with OS version 4.4.3. I checked some normals stack traces in the console and there are no empty line between the exception and the stack trace so I think that the stack trace is incomplete. Do someone else get this kind of exception and know what it means ?
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, To be able to figure out exactly what's going on here, we'd need to look at how you are handing your ListView class, as that seems to be where the error is occurring. Also, could you clarify the OS version this is occuring on? None of our current tablets should be running 4.4.3.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cylon-u87 avatar image
cylon-u87 answered
I found the problem, it was an IllegalArgumentException. Here is a screenshot of my console showing the problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/277438778/exception_screen.png The column OS version is [b]4.4.3[/b], the column device is [b]Amazon KF....[/b] and the stacktrace do not show the exception name but [b]Screen[/b]
10 |5000

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Cylon_u87, That makes sense as our current version of FireOS does run with AOSP version 4.4.3 as the base. If you still require assistance, please let us know and we can see what we can do to assist you.
10 |5000