question

T. Kincaid avatar image
T. Kincaid asked

Cannot Install Large apk on Kindle

I have an apk that is 300mb. When I try to install it, I get this error: Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES] I decided to upload it anyway and got this message from the reviewer: 1. Install the app. 2. Error is displayed on installation. It displays " The World Travel Guide Offline download cannot be installed" 3. Unable to test the app If I delete some data in the app and get it down to about 100mb, it installs. Is there a size limit for Kindle apps?
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there! Your app falls well within our maximum app size! You should be uploading it via SFTP as it's over 150MB though. See here for more info: https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/support/faq Regardless, the fact that you are not able to install it yourself sounds a bit odd, especially if you can if you lower the size of the app. Are you sure that you are signing it correctly? You usually don't get that issue unless the app hasn't been signed properly. After a bit of research, the JDK version may be related. Which version do you have installed? Also, this is a long shot, but be aware that touching anything inside of the .apk such as the android manifest will break the signing. If you could provide any other info that may help, then that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.