question

Space Happens avatar image
Space Happens asked

Odd bug when loading game from amazon app store

I am having an odd problem. I recently added my first game to the amazon app store for Kindle Fire tablets and it isn't performing as expected. After the game loads, the user lands on a start page that includes high scores (local storage) two buttons and a background image showing instructions. The problem is that the background image is not showing. This is the same .apk I use on google play without any issues so I am not sure what the problem is or how to debug. The game works fine otherwise and as a temporary fix, I have uploaded the missing images to the apps main page. Obviously this is not a good long term solution. Any ideas where I should start or what the issue could be? Further info: The app can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Space-Happens-Game-Episode-Level/dp/B013CT672A the game is built in html5 then put through intel xdk and built for android platform. more info needed? please request and I will try to edit the post and put it here. Space Happens
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Space Happens avatar image
Space Happens answered
It seems that it may be too late to edit the original post, I wanted to add that I also tried a build with intel xdk cordova for android (adds a minimal browser engine to run the html5) and have the same result. I have also tried to change the images from .jpeg to .png and black screen, image not loading issue remains. For the life of me I can't find any reason for this to be occurring. It is also curious that the background image during game-play shows just fine (just the start screen, instructions and credit images don't show) and is coded the exact same way. If it was a problem on my end I would think that background image would also not show. Strange. Any thoughts from this new info? Thanks
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for posting. This definitely sounds like a weird issue. Regardless of the app being native or written HTML5, it should be displaying the same way no matter the Android device. Do you see any errors in adb logcat, maybe during the initialisation of your app? This could be an issue with Amazon devices. Regardless, feel free to contact us directly for further assistance. For more information, see here: https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/support/contact/contact-us Regards, Jamie
10 |5000