question

apphobodev57 avatar image
apphobodev57 asked

Kindle Fire(2015) will not allow USB testing/debugging using Android Studio

I have a Kindle Fire (2015) for testing and debugging of my new app for Kindle. I am using a Mac with El Captan OS and Android Studio 1.5.1. My Kindle (2015) does not prompt for a trust connection with the Android Studio USB debugger. There's no error. Kindle Fire (2015) just does not appear in the available connected device lists. I do not see the Kindle Fire in the device list or Android Studio Device Monitor. When I power off the Kindle while it is still connected to Mac via USB, the Android Studio Device Monitor displays the device serial number and shows it in the "off-line" state. I know the USB connection is working. How can I get the trust connect established via USB and adb. I searched on-line for remedies without success. Can you send me a link to documents on how to get and troubleshoot the Kindle Fire(2015) for adb with Android Studio on Mac OS? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

apphobodev57 avatar image
apphobodev57 answered
I found the answer to this question this morning after enabling USB debugging on a Samsung Android device with Lollipop OS. Here's a link to the webpage that solves this question, http://kindlefireforkid.com/how-to-enable-and-access-developer-options-on-amazon-fire-tablet-fire-hd-fire-hdx-and-kindle-fire-hdx-and-how-to-hide-developer-options-again/ After following the suggested steps, I was able to debug from Android Studio without issue. This question is considered answered.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered
Hi apphobodev57, Welcome to the dev forums and thank you for posting a solution to this issue, we appreciate that!
10 |5000