question

USMLEWorld Support avatar image
USMLEWorld Support asked

Lot of apps showing as incompatible with Fire HD

Our issue is similar to another thread with subject line "Existing apps "not compatible" with Fire HD" . This is NOT an app status issue. This issue appears to be widespread and I see lot of developers facing this issue. To summarise, an app published earlier working fine with Fire 1st generation suddenly shows up as incompatible with Fire HD. The Fire HD shows up correctly in list of supported devices in the app description under developer account. There is NO documentation on how to make it compatible and no communication from Amazon. The one thread that could have solved the issue, moderators locked it as if it was related to specific app. Little more clarity and documentation from Amazon will help developers and their customers (and in turn Amazon). [b]PS: We have already contacted Amazon via "Contact Us" and as usual no response.[/b] If we do not receive any response, we will be forced to advise users to use alternate devices like iPad and Android devices and discontinue support for Kindle.
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Thanks for posting -- there are a few issues here, I will do my best to answer them. There are a couple reasons why an app may not be listed as compatible with the HD devices, but I'd have to look at your developer account to see the real issue. I appreciate that you've used the "contact us" as requested. I'm looking into why you haven't heard back yet.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

USMLEWorld Support answered
Thanks. Looking forward to your response. Our information is up-to-date in profile.

Thanks. Looking forward to your reply. Our information is up-to-date in our profile.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Just sent a response to the email in your dev account. :)

Thanks Steve. I am not sure which email you are referring to but we did get a response stating someone will contact us. Let me know if you sent any other email.

Steve Now I have a user voting the app down due to incompatibility with Fire HD. We put in lot of efforts to listen to our customers and give them quality products. We refuse to take criticism for something that seems to be Amazon's problem. Seriously what is going on?

Hi Steve Thanks for working on my case. However, the response we received from the publishing team is not helpful. They are using an old account for testing the app. We were not told that the app will under go testing again. Its OK with us if it has to be tested but they want us to submit a new binary just to get updated account for testing. I fail to see why need to submit the binary again even though there aren't any updates. We can just provide a new account for testing. I have sent the same message through Contact us but i am afraid if we will have to wait for another 9 days to get a response. In the mean time, we have users rating the app down. I am sorry but this is unacceptable.

Hi Steve Thanks for working on my case. However, the response we received from the publishing team is not helpful. They are using an old account for testing the app. We were not told that the app will under go testing again. Its OK with us if it has to be tested but they want us to submit a new binary just to get updated account for testing. I fail to see why need to submit the binary again even though there aren't any updates. We can just provide a new account for testing. I have sent the same message through Contact us but i am afraid if we will have to wait for another 9 days to get a response. In the mean time, we have users rating the app down. I am sorry but this is unacceptable.

The issue has resolved for me. Hope this thread helps others.

gamecircusfoster avatar image
gamecircusfoster answered
We're seeing this issue with our app as well. The developer portal shows compatibility with the HD Fire, yet it doesn't show up in the market on an HD Fire device. I've sent a support ticket in, haven't heard anything back. The developer site doesn't indicate what the issue is. We're able to get the app working on the device by manually pushing the .apk to the device though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.