question

Ludus Studio avatar image
Ludus Studio asked

That dreaded black line on top

Some of the games we are preparing for amazon store are using AD banners on top of opengl view. The ones with banners being on bottom of the view are working fine, however the ones with banners on top are not. The problem seems to be caused by the soft-button bar when the user clicks on the home button and then returns to the app. The whole opengl view slides down by the exact amount of pixels the top bar height is, so does the AD banner. In addition the AD Banner gets clipped few pixels in for no apparent reason. I've tried everything I've though of but no luck so far. It seems the bug is somewhat similar to [b] http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8052[/b] . In fact if you try running the application attached there you'll notice clicking `main menu` button and going back to the activity results in that dreaded black line on top of the activity as described there. So my question is, is there any workaround to fix that dreaded black-line-on-top layout error?
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Hi, Thank you for bringing the issue to our notice. We have forwarded your issue to concerned team and will get back to you once we have an update.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi, I have few queries regarding the ad banners that you are using in your app. Can you please raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with us along with the following details and one of our support engineer will help you resolve your issue. - What Ad SDK and version are you using? - If replacing the Ad view with another control such as a static image, are you still able to reproduce the issue?
10 |5000