question

bokula avatar image
bokula asked

A link to app on Appstore

Hi, To open my app on Google play, from my app, I would use a link like market://details?id=abc How can I do this with Amazon appstore? Is there a link for it? Thanks.
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Hi, We do have a similar way to open your app on Amazon Appstore. Please find the details given below.. Link directly for Amazon Appstore for Android: amzn://apps/android? Link Configuration: Both deep link formats accept parameters to tailor the link result. 1) s= - Add search item, please note that you would have to use URL encoding for special chars( e.g. Spaces) Eg: amzn://apps/android?s=amazon%20mp3 2) p= - Link to the Amazon detail page for specific package name. Eg: amzn://apps/android?p=com.amazon.mp3 3) asin= - All applications in the Amazon Appstore for Android have an unique identifier known as an ASIN. Use this identifier to link directly to an app by its ASIN. The ASIN for an app can be found on its detail page. Eg: amzn://apps/android?asin=B004FRX0MY 4) showAll=1 - searches that yield multiple results add this argument to display all the results Eg: amzn://apps/android?p=com.amazon.mp3&showAll=1 5) t= - Add an associate tag to the link Eg: amzn://apps/android?s=amazon%20mp3&t=myassociatetag 6) ref= - Add a referral tag to the link Eg: amzn://apps/android??s=amazon%20mp3&ref=myreftag Thanks Anshul
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ninjika avatar image
Ninjika answered
How do i directly link to the ratings & reviews for the app on Kindle Fire?
10 |5000

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
You cannot currently link directly to the reviews page. However, if you want to send the user to the Amazon retail web site for the app, replace the base URL (described in the above post) with the following: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/dl/android? this URL is readable by both the Amazon web site and the Moble App Distribution client.
10 |5000

PSOFT MOBILE avatar image
PSOFT MOBILE answered
Am I correct in assuming that this link will send the user to the US Amazon Apps? Is there a way to make a link that will send the user to their own country's Amazon Apps? Thanks!
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi PSOFT MOBILE, Thank you for the post. The client link ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/dl/android?p=com.example.package) would take the user to the store where he is logged into. The kindle user must be registered for a specific country. So, if a Kindle device is registered with an US account, US app store would be open up while link url is launched from an app of that device. There is no way to link app for a country specific store.
10 |5000

App Lover avatar image
App Lover answered
Hi Sujoy, You guys need to address this problem urgently. Currently we are trying to promote our apps thru mobile in-app ads. When user clicks the ad, based on his device (Kindle or any other android device) we take him to appropriate store i.e. Amazon App Store or Google Play. Now all works fine if the user is based in US. If a user from UK sees this ad on his Kindle device and taps on it, he is taken to Amazon.com, we tried to use Amazon.co.uk, but the app links do not work there. It seems that Amazon.co.uk website still does not list Android apps. So when user from UK goes to Amazon.com, he gets a message that he is not eligible to purchase the item due to geographical restrictions. You guys have to give us urgently a way to link apps directly to Amazon.co.uk and other countries. Without that, we simply cant market our apps. Hope you guys understand the urgency of the matter and resolve it ASAP. Thanks, Eknath
10 |5000

Bipin@Amazon avatar image
Bipin@Amazon answered
Hi App Lover, Thanks for writing in. Currently, customers outside of the US search for, and purchase apps for Kindle and non_Amazon devices via the Amazon Mobile App Client installed on the device. There is no webapp store outside of Amazon.com at this time. For your international ads outside the US you will not be able to use the webstore links. We would encourage you to pay close attention to our Blog as we anticipate this may be changing soon: https://developer.amazon.com/blog/index.html
10 |5000

JC avatar image
JC answered
I'm using this and it seems to work: amzn://apps/android?p=com.ovogame.jumpbirdyjump This open the amazon app and link directly to my app. Hope this help. Jean-Claude
10 |5000