question

odrobert avatar image
odrobert asked

New Fire OS 3.0 devices don't honor SDK 16+ View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN?

The documentation for the new 3rd Gen Kindle Fires says they are based on Android SDK 17/4.2.2. Yet they don't seem to honor View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN, which was added in SDK 16. On other Jelly Bean devices, the line of code below will set an activity to fullscreen, low-profile mode...but the new Kindle Fires are ignoring these flags. getWindow().getDecorView().setSystemUiVisibility( View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LOW_PROFILE | View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN) Before SDK 16 I would use getWindow().addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN) and this still works on the new Fires but shouldn't the newer SDK16+ SYSTEM_UI flags work? Message was edited by: odrobert
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

odrobert avatar image
odrobert answered
I have a sample project that can demonstrate what I'm referring to if there is a place to send/post such things.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
Thanks for the feedback. We are investigating the issue.
10 |5000

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
The bug has been fixed. I'll update this thread when the new device software is available. Thanks
10 |5000

odrobert avatar image
odrobert answered
Is this fix in Fire OS 3.1?
10 |5000

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
It didn't make it to the 3.1 release. Thank you for your patience
10 |5000

odrobert avatar image
odrobert answered
It's been 3 months. Any idea when this fix will push out to devices?
10 |5000

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
Hi odrobert, This bug has been fixed in Fire OS 3.2.1. You can download the software update through Settings -> Device -> System Updates. For more information about Kindle Software Updates, see http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_ac?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200529680 Please let us know if you have any questions Thanks
10 |5000