question

fredgrott avatar image
fredgrott asked

targeting both FirePhone and Google Androids

I have a situation where I need to target both Fire phones, kindle tablets, and google android devices with the same codebase. I did start doing fake product flavors to map out the different app stores..ie google play store and amazonapp store. But now the fly in the ointment is that fire phone requires using a different gradle pugin to compile with the addon. and no I cannot convert the core codebase to android lib to solve it that way any ideas?
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Fred, Could you please let us know little bit details about your project? 1. How do you build your existing project that's already targeted for Android and Kindle devices? Do you do it through IDE like Eclipse or Idea or it tis through build scripting language like ant or Graddle? 2. How do you mange the different library (e.g IAP, Game Circle, Google in app billing etc) for different apks for both the stores? 3. Are you trying to make your app compatible for Fire Phone? Did you want to know whether Gradle is only the way to build for Fire Phone?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.