question

Lukas K��rfer avatar image
Lukas K��rfer asked

Android AccessibilityService on Kindle Fire

I use the Android AccessibilityService in my app, but i cant find my app in the accessibility settings of my Kindle Fire HD and the service does not get started. Is it possible to use the AccessibilityService on Amazon devices or how are there any other guidelines / tutorials how to develop accessibility apps for Kindle Fire?
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
The AccessibilityService is supported on API level 17 Kindle Fire device (3rd gen and higher devices). The ApiDemo sample that ships with Android SDK sample, contains an example of AccessibilityService (ClockBackService) and works as expected on these devices. The service is listed under Settings > Accessibility > Installed Service section and the service should be defined in manifest as follows: There are no Kindle-specific guidelines required outside of Android's AccessibilityService documentation. http://developer.android.com/reference/android/accessibilityservice/Accessi... ... Also, please do not forget to add BIND_ACCESSIBILITY_SERVICE permission to the service as it is required to be listed in the system settings.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.