question

Pankaj avatar image
Pankaj asked

Updating Version Code

Hello Guys, I have an app with 3 variants( using 3 different device targets). So far I have been using version codes 2,3,4 for the three build. Yesterday I uploaded my update build following the same process but the app got rejected saying that version codes already exist. Is there any change how Amazon treats version code now? If yes, what should be the next updated version codes for my app ? Is it going to be 3,4,5 or 5,6,7? Previous versions were 2,3,4. Thanks,
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Pankaj, You would need to submit binaries that are 5,6,7 in the case that you are describing. Each additional version code will need to be above any binary that you have submitted for your app prior to the current upcoming version of your app.So, unfortunately this means you will not be able to recycle versionCodes for upcoming versions if they have been used for any binary in your submissions in the past.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pankaj avatar image
Pankaj answered
Thanks!
10 |5000