question

Paul T. avatar image
Paul T. asked

Urgently need to change app price

I recently changed the price of my app for a one-day sale, and now I need to urgently put the price back to its original price, but when I click the Edit button on the "Pricing & Availability" tab, all of fields are Read-Only and cannot be changed. The app appears to be "Under Review" however I have changed nothing except the price and added a line in the description indicating the sale. Is there any way to change the price back quickly? I have placed an advertisement for Sunday May 4th advertising the app, and the price *must* be back to its original price or the advertisement will run with the greatly discounted Amazon price (which was not my intention). I've reached out to Amazon Support via the Contact Us page, but I have not heard back and my advertisement will be running in a matter of hours. (ps. Yes, I now realize there is a new section in the Amazon portal for temporarily discounting apps -- I did not see that when I originally changed the price). Any help is appreciated!!!
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Paul, Unfortunately, there is no quick solution available for changing the price of the apps and get that reflected in the store. You have to change the price and submit and it will go through some internal process and then it would be shown in the store and that takes couple of hours depending on what meta information you are changing for the app. You have already done that and I can see that your app is now live with the changed price. Thanks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paul T. avatar image
Paul T. answered
Thank for the note. Amazon support was able to correct the issue. Somehow my app became "locked" and none of the metadeta, including the price, was editable at all. They unlocked the app and all the fields became editable, and I successfully changed the price. I think it was just an odd one-time occurrence.
10 |5000

Paul T. avatar image
Paul T. answered
10 |5000