question

webdatadesign avatar image
webdatadesign asked

Kindle Fire HD

With the new emulator via eclipse, I am having an issue with a "missing kernel file" error when launching the new emulator for HD. Any ideas?
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Offbeatmammal avatar image
Offbeatmammal answered
when you installed the emulator did you also install the the ARM EABI v7a System Image from the API15 SDK installation step? When you define the instance in AVD you should then be able to select the API15 level and get the right image

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

webdatadesign answered
Thank you. Had to remove the AVD and re-create the HD Kindle Fire after installing the kernel file. Works great now, thanks again!

webdatadesign answered
So after the reboot, I can not get the proper density. I've even set up manual 250 density and the actual screen/pixel size is still smaller than an actual Kindle Fire. I guess I could just create a new AVD based on the reported screen sizes. Any idea?

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Yes, you can create new AVD based on reported screen sizes.