question

Ciprian Grigor avatar image
Ciprian Grigor asked

How to use google maps on non amazon devices?

When publish an app it is possible to select also devices which are not amazon and those don't have amazon maps. Still the application was consider failed because the maps didn't show on those devices (nexus). The google maps can be shown on those devices but that depends on how the app is signed. The question is: how I can sign our app with our own release certificate instead of amazon one? I didn't find any settings regarding that on app distribution page. Or if there is another solution to support both maps amazon and google in a single build/binary. Second question if the first version was signed with amazon certificate and second version will be signed with our own certificate will the update process function correctly for existing users?
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
The apps submitted to the Amazon market are wrapped and signed by Amazon prior to publishing. The signature used for all your apps is available to you in the Developer Portal, it is the same for all your apps and it does not change. If your app requires you to keep your own signature you will need to follow the following process: 1. Log in to the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal 2. Find the app on the My Apps tab 3. Select the version you wish to sign (Upcoming Version column) 4. Select the Binary File tab and then select Edit Note: If you already have a binary uploaded, click the "X” icon next to the binary file name and then click OK when you are asked if you wish to permanently delete the binary. 5. Make your DRM selection at Apply Amazon DRM? (this is not related to your app signature) 6. Select No under Let Amazon sign your app? 7. Upload your unsigned binary at “Step 1. Upload unsigned binary file” 8. Download the binary from “Step 2. Download processed binary” 9. Sign the downloaded binary. Refer to http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/app-signing.html#releasemode 10. Upload your signed binary at “Step 3. Upload signed binaryfile” 11. Fill in other required fields 12. Select the Save button then Submit.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ciprian Grigor answered
Thanks, is there another way to make the google maps working on nexus devices for an amazon build?
10 |5000

Ciprian Grigor answered
This actually doesn't work for me. The option on step 6 is not available.
10 |5000