question

hollandnumerics avatar image
hollandnumerics asked

How to send email from Kindle Fire emulator

I'm trying to test an app that requires an email app to also be installed. How do you install an email app in the Kindle Fire emulator? ........Phil
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
If your app is compiled successfully on eclipse, you can follow the below steps to install an app in KF Emulator. -> Right click on project and "Run As"-> "Android Application" That should open up KF emulator and with your app installed on it or you can chose KF emulator manually in Run Configurations. -> Run Configurations -> target. In target you can select preferred Android Virtual Device for deployment. Hope this helps you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon answered
You can find additional information regarding the emulator at: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/emulator-guide.html

hollandnumerics answered
Samuel, The app installs fine on the Kindle Fire (2.3.3) emulator, and runs as expected, but it needs to interface with the default email client, and there isn't one installed. My query was "how do you install an email client in this emulator"? ..........Phil

Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi, since this is specific to your app, can you please submit a contactUs( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) to Amazon.

hollandnumerics answered
Samuel, Should the Kindle Fire (2.3.3) emulator include an email client app? ...........Phil

Samuel@Amazon answered
Kindle Fire(2.3.3) emulator by default doesn't have email client app, we will hope to have an answer soon on installing email client app on emulator.

hollandnumerics answered
Samuel, I don't mind which email client is there, but my app testing does require there to be at least one. Is the inability to install an email client specific to the Kindle Fire emulator? I'm sure I've been able to install email clients on other emulators. ............Phil

Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi Holland, you should also be able to install email client on KF emulator as well. KF emulator doesn't provide an email client app on emulator by default. But if you have one, you can install it on KF emulator while it is running by following command, adb install -e .apk