question

mrflexile avatar image
mrflexile asked

Kindle Fire HD 7'' emulator: called unimplemented Open GL ES API

Hi. There is an issue, described in the subject. Also, such a messages appear when starting build from Kindle Fire 2nd gen emulator. Thus build works perectly on a real Kindle Fire (1st gen device). How can I overcome this trouble? Much appreciate any help.
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi mrflexile, Please refer to the below link to enable GPU emulation. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/enable-features.html Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mrflexile avatar image
mrflexile answered
Hello, Samuel. Thanks a lot for the answer, I should have checked this article by myself) But very pity to find out, that my build crashes when GPU emulation is enabled (768 Mb, SDK Tools 20.0 rev, snapshot disabled). First of all it tooks an ages for emulator to start, sometimes it even crashes, it lags all the time and finally when the build is up logcat gives me this: 10-19 08:50:13.853: E/EGL_emulation(669): rcCreateContext returned 0 10-19 08:50:13.853: E/EGL_emulation(669): tid 682: eglCreateContext(880): error 0x3003 (EGL_BAD_ALLOC) 10-19 08:50:13.891: E/AndroidRuntime(669): FATAL EXCEPTION: GLThread 93 10-19 08:50:13.891: E/AndroidRuntime(669): java.lang.RuntimeException: createContext failed: EGL_BAD_ALLOC 10-19 08:50:13.891: E/AndroidRuntime(669): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.throwEglException(GLSurfaceView.java:1178) So I suppose my solution would be in purchasing simple new HD device and testing it live. Thanks a lot.

Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi mrflexile, I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your build. We are looking into your build failure logs, we will notify on this thread once we got an update. Thank you.

mrflexile avatar image
mrflexile answered
Please ask me if you want to be provided with any additional information.

Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi mrflexile,The posted error message (eglCreateContext(880): error 0x3003 (EGL_BAD_ALLOC)) is a generic error message which basically means the Android system (in emulator) failed to create the requested renderer context. The short log you posted does not reveal whether the request is coming from Android system itself (to render its ui) or from your app. If your device supports GPU emulation, Please check the below couple of points: 1) Your machine specs (especially graphic card and perhaps the output of "Verifying Your Development Environment Supports OpenGL 4.1" on your machine). 2) If the machine spec supports GPU emulation, can you please try a test/free app that uses openGL? If you can provide us a complete log then we can still debug further and could better help you. Thank you.

mrflexile avatar image
mrflexile answered
Hi. Sorry for not answering for so long, but now this question isn't the point, 'cause we've bought HD device, but after polishing our game I'll get back to the subj. Thanks!