question

lucbloom avatar image
lucbloom asked

Downloading apps-sdk.zip, Safari on my Mac Book saves it as .html

When I download apps-sdk.zip Safari on my Mac Book saves it as apps-sdk.zip.HTML I don't know if that's a problem with the download server or something? Renaming it to just .zip causes the Archive Utility to remain working forever but nothing happens.
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi, If you download SDK from Amazon Mobile Distribution portal, the download will be Apps-SDK.zip file. Download server will not append any .html extension to the zip file. Please check safari browser settings for the downloads. Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lucbloom avatar image
lucbloom answered
Thanks. And as a bonus, the zip.html was a valid file anyway. I fixed the hanging of Archive Utility this way: Just opened Disk Utility, chose my boot disk, and then under First Aid, clicked "Repair Disk Premissions" - Reboot and works perfect. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4386915?start=0&tstart=0

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi lucbloom, Its great to know that you fixed it. Thank you.