question

virtuos avatar image
virtuos asked

why do API keys of game circle keep changing when refreshing the web page ?

i noticed that the API keys will change every time i refresh the web page. does it affact my existing apps ?
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Virtuos, Thank you for posting. You are correct that API Key keeps on changing with each page refresh and it is by design. All the api keys generated by page refresh are valid so it wont affect the existing apps in any way.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Todd Moore avatar image
Todd Moore answered
This is really annoying. How do we verify our keys are correct? Do we just have to keep hitting refresh until we see it again? I've had so many issues with not knowing what key to use and once I submit the app its the wrong key.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Moore, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We will share it with the appropriate internal teams. The API keys what you see in the configuration page, all are valid and would never repeat with refresh. If you input correct package name and MD5 fingerprint of signing certificate while creating the API key, you should not have any problem with using GameCircle or ADM APIs. Moreover, you are supposed to test the integration with all features with the API key you have created for developing or testing the build. Once your app is ready for submission, you can also submit the build with same key since we are going to replace the API key any way during the ingestion process since we apply our own signature to your apk.
10 |5000