question

Michael Biermann avatar image
Michael Biermann asked

I am located in Germany, how to test Android app...

I am located in Germany but I managed to publish my Android Apps on Amazon's US store and recently made app available for Europe. Unfortunately I have no Kindle Fire device to test my app. What can I do? ----------- I think testing on real device is very important, especially to be sure the buttons/images are well placed, depending on actionbar, statusbar and real buttons versus in-display buttons (i.e. menu button).
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Lee avatar image
John Lee answered
I think their FAQ talks a little bit of this: Q: Are Kindle Fire test devices available for developers? Unfortunately we are not able to provide test devices for developers at this time. Kindle Fire is available for purchase at www.amazon.com/kindlefire and is available to ship immediately. We recommend that you review the device technical specifications for Kindle Fire. Also, to help developers test their apps, the Kindle Fire Development Resources include a Kindle Fire emulator add-on. The add-on can be installed via the Android SDK Manager and is pre-configured to emulate the Kindle Fire device specifications. See Using the Kindle Fire Emulator for details on how to install and use the Kindle Fire emulator add-on. Note that you need to log in to your distribution portal account to access this information. the link points to https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/emulator-guide.html

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chirag@Amazon avatar image
Chirag@Amazon answered
We have just released the Kindle Fire Emulator, available via the Mobile App Distribution Portal. You can find specific information regarding the emulator at: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/emulator-guide.html Thanks, Chirag