question

markfromop avatar image
markfromop asked

International distribution

I'll get this forum going. Interested in knowing when Amazon is planning on starting international distribution. I know you guys said later this summer, well its getting into late summer so we must be close.
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Adam avatar image
Adam answered
+1, as a UK based development company international distribution would make the Amazon services much more useful for us. Would be good to know when support is going to be available.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brass Key Software avatar image
Brass Key Software answered
I'd like to know this, as well. I put a fair amount of work into localizing my apps, and it would be great to see it finally pay off.

Chirag@Amazon avatar image
Chirag@Amazon answered
Hi, You can now submit apps for distribution in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain, using the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal. We’ll begin distributing apps in these countries later this summer (and we have more countries planned in the near future). Stay tuned, Chirag

Lora Mays avatar image
Lora Mays answered
Just curious to know... Do you have to add any language translations for your app to be live in the UK?

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Just an update -- International distribution kicked off yesterday in the countries Chirag mentioned (above). And to answer your question Lora, there are no translation requirements. You can sell your apps as they are.

markfromop avatar image
markfromop answered
Wow amazon, when you sate late summer you meant lllllllllaaatttteeee :) Congrats looking forward to seeing how the reports turn out at the moment the reporting seems to be broken for today at least.

David B. Coyer avatar image
David B. Coyer answered
Hi Steve, Just out of curiosity, would we need to submit an update and check which countries we'd like to sell our applications? Or is this automatic?

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Your apps should automatically default to selling in the international markets. You can opt-out of selling in individual markets through the Developer Portal.

David B. Coyer avatar image
David B. Coyer answered
Great - Thanks for the confirmation, Steve.

budge-roxane avatar image
budge-roxane answered
I have an App localized in 5 languages, unique build. Is it possible to detect the language setting of the device "Kindle Fire" and then select the proper language in my App ? I didn't find a way to switch my Kindle Fire in French to have my App in French. Thanks