question

tkalmes avatar image
tkalmes asked

Support for ePUB3

I have a rather simple question that I can't find an answer to (not in any of the documents nor by using google). Does the Kindle Fire support ePUB3 eBooks?
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Kindle devices do not support the EPUB file format . Kindle Fire supports the file types like AZW,TXT,PDF,MOBI,PRC,DOC,DOCX. Please refer the supported file types section in below link for more information. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200729530

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DrHenley avatar image
DrHenley answered
[b][i]YES YOU CAN![/b][/i]...with a 3rd party ebook reader. I don't know why Amazon doesn't support it in the Kindle app, but the Amazon App Store has ebook readers that support epub. Just search the app store for "epub reader"

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Thanks for clarifying this Dr.Henley. Yeah, you can get 3rd party apps from Amazon Appstore for reading ePUB3 format.