question

frankapp avatar image
frankapp asked

App Icons

I have an app that will be submitted as both 'SD' & 'HD' versions that will work for the Kindle Fire, HD, HD+ and other android devices respectively. Am I correct in that the only icon assets required are; 1. 114x114 icon 2. 512x512 icon 3.600x1024 portrait screen shot (min 3) 4.promo video (1025x500). If so, how should they be named ? Also, do I need to provide higher res icons for any of the above for the kindle HD, or general android HD devices ? If so, what are the specs ? Thanks, Frank
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Yeah you need to submit these icons when you are submitting your app via Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal. These assets are marketing assets and are used for App search, display on mobile desktop, etc. We do not have any naming conventions as such for these icons as its uploaded from App Distribution Portal. However if the asset size is greater than 30 MB, then you will need to upload these assets via FTP. While uploading the assets via FTP, please follow the FTP naming conventions described at https://developer.amazon.com/ftp/ftp_naming_convention.html Also like any other android app, please place your app related icons under the various resources folder(hdpi, ldpi, mdpi & xhdpi) of your app so that corresponding icons are picked up based on the device (SD/HD).
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.