question

Thomas Acunzo avatar image
Thomas Acunzo asked

FAD - Free App of the Day

Hi All I'm new to Amazon. I just submitted my game "XXXXXXXX" for review. I noticed a checkbox called FAD when I submitted which seemed like a good idea at the time but after reading more about some negative posts on Google I wondered if I should reconsider that option. Forum wise. I tried doing a search on All Categories for any dates relating to the keyword "FAD" and got Zero hits. This seems strange to me. Isn't this a popular subject should there be some history about it in these forums? I recently released my game on Barnes and Noble Nook, Google Play, and iOS. And so I thought Amazon has something to offer here as well. FAD sounds like a good idea. The only thing that troubles me about FAD is that I find very little detail from Amazon on what happens after the Free day expires. Yes they say you will be featured for 14 days but there isn't anything to explain what there catch is on the subject. You'll see what I mean when you google around complaints about App Shorting. Amazon sets a low discounted price and then supposedly reduces the developer profit margin to 20% on top of that. If that's the case I don't think I'd like to be featured in this program. Unless Amazon is going to contact me to negotiate the terms of sale during that period. I would hope to see something in writing about this before they do anything on my behalf. Not to say Amazon is going to feature "XXXXXXX" anytime soon if ever. I think it's worth bringing up this topic which doesn't come up in my search forum search. I don't want to come off negative. I just want some clarification on what follows after the free day. So can anybody comment on their own FAD experiences ? Thanks. Tom http://www.tomogames.com Message was edited by: Anshul@Amazon
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Thank you for your post. For FAD related queries, please raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with us and one of our support team member will help you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thomas Acunzo avatar image
Thomas Acunzo answered
BUMP

MochiBits avatar image
MochiBits answered
We've had a great experience with FAD. The web post you are referring to is old. We have no issues or no complaints. Once we were selected, our app was free for one day, then it went back to paid. I definitely recommend submitting your app to FAD. There is a nice post on contacting FAD here: http://www.amazonappstoredev.com/2012/08/free-app-of-the-day-marketing-tip-of-the-day-3.html