question

JoeHz avatar image
JoeHz asked

Strange Intent Filter Problem

I'm writing an app that contains an intent filter for CALL_PHONE and CALL_PRIVILEGED (Yes, I know it's not a phone per se, but Skype works the same way -- by intercepting attempts to call people) It works on my Android Phone (A Droid X). It works on the Kindle Fire HD7 Emulator It does NOT work on my Kindle FireHD 7 Device. Specifically, on the emulator, when I click on a contact's phone number, the chooser comes up asking me to choose between "Phone" and My App, as Expected. (Well almost -- I mean, why is there a phone app on the stock emulator?!?) On my device, Skype is launched. My app's intent filter doesn't make it's radar. Thanks in Advance
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JoeHz avatar image
JoeHz answered
Actually, this post was written first, so to be precise, the other one is a duplicate (I might quibble with that, the other one has more data about the issue and makes it relevant to development tools, but I digress. At least I know it's been read at least so I no longer feel the need to post it other places out of sheer desperation.. Is there any help you can offer to help solve this problem? Thanks in advance