question

David B. Coyer avatar image
David B. Coyer asked

Amazon "New Releases" list - Did I miss something?

Hello all, Every morning, I head over to the New Releases list on the Amazon App Store to see the hot new app's of the week. However, this morning I see a change. It seems that the list now contains some best sellers and some app's from the Top 100 even though those app's are weeks or even months old. For example, Where's My Perry? is on the list. It is almost 2 months old. I also see Racing Penguin and Weather Live - just to name a few. From my understanding, the New Releases list only contains newly published app's for one week. This gives the app's a much better chance of getting noticed. Did I miss something? Did this change? A hiccup perhaps? If anyone could shine some light on this submit, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time. Message was edited by: David B. Coyer
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Hi David -- I don't know the specifics of the algorithm they use for the "New Releases" list, but I'll see what I can find out for you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Roy avatar image
Roy answered
I have noticed a bunch of issues with the New Release section of the Amazon App Store that has me scratching my head. I have also noticed that Top Sellers are suddenly showing up in the New Release Section. I have noticed in the past that apps that have already been released in the past are showing up the New Release section again. Why and How? I thought that this was a case of a app with updates but after several big updates to apps including new levels, my apps DID NOT show up in the New Release section again. The Amazon App store without question favors certain developers, you just can not deny it but I think that Amazon needs to understand that even the biggest developers was once a small developer and disregarding small developers is a mistake. I have seen the same apps and developers promoted over and over again and I do not think smaller developers which I have seen create great creative apps, are being overlooked way too much. I understand that Amazon Has to make money so they turn to popular titles but I see smaller studios and titles blowing up on other platforms becoming top sellers in which Amazon is not even giving a real chance.

E. Gonenc avatar image
E. Gonenc answered
As far as I know only the paid apps listed there. Free apps are not listed even if they contain in-app purchases...

Henderson@Amazon avatar image
Henderson@Amazon answered
First, thanks for the feedback on the "New Releases" List. I couldn't get any details to explain the list's behavior, but I have sent your comment to the team working on the software. Just wanted to let you know we're paying attention to the comments here :) Message was edited by: Steve@Amazon

David B. Coyer avatar image
David B. Coyer answered
Hello, Just a quick pop in to see if I'd missed any news on fixing the New Releases list. Thanks for you're time.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Thank you for the post. We have forwarded all your queries to the concerned team and will get back to you once we have an update.