question

aidigame avatar image
aidigame asked

Keyboard opened by itself when going to foreground

Dear all, Several days ago,I was running my game on an original kindle fire.After going to background by clicking the home button,when I re-entered the game,the keyboard opened by itself and I could only close it through the back button.Then,I spent a lot of time testing the problem,finding that as long as I had ever opened the keyboard by clicking textfield during login,the issue would arise,whether I clicked the home button or the power button to go to background. Besides,our game is developed with the cocos2d-x framework,of which the version is 1.0.1-x-0.12.0.And when clicking textfield to open the keyboard,the app invoke the attachWithIME() function from cocos2d::CCIMEDelegate and the setIMEKeyboardState(true) function from cocos2d::CCEGLView. However,I don't think the issue mentioned above has much to do with cococ2d-x framework,as our app can work great on other android devices without the problem.So is there anything,related to the issue,worthing paid special attention to when developing for amazon tablets?I have been stuck with the problem for a long time.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks for watching:)
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aidigame avatar image
aidigame answered
I'm so sorry I made a mistake in describing the problem I encountered.The issue mentioned above arises only if when going to background through the home button.In other words,everything works fine when clicking the power button.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aidigame avatar image
aidigame answered
Any ideas?

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Aidigame, Do you face the same issue when you close your app by clicking the back button from Soft key toolbar and then re-enter the game? When you re-enter your app after clicking the home button, onResume() is called. Are you calling any keyboard function (like setIMEKeyboardState(true)) from onResume()? Please raise a ContactUs( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with us with all these information along with your app details. This will help us in reproducing this issue so that we can help you more in this regard. Thank you.