question

Ewizabef avatar image
Ewizabef asked

New to App Development, Determined to Make A Fire App!

Hi everyone! I'm Elizabeth Ann West, an author, publisher, and soon to be Fire App developer. I am not using Java (don't throw things at me, I'm a GUI girl and I'm working on using Adobe Flash Pro to make a magazine styled app featuring the latest and greatest in indie digital content). This morning, my homemade app didn't work so well. It was a port over print layout from Indesign, exported to both .fla and .swf and no matter what I did, when I published it as an app, even with page transitions, the app on my Kindle Fire just kept flashing back and forth between the two spreads. So clearly it's a problem with my settings on that particular file, but I'll figure it out. However, using a sample app from one of my Flash training books I bought, I was able to fiddle and make it publish correctly with the Air runtime embedded and install it on my First Gen Kindle Fire (thank goodness I bought one of those the LAST week before they ran out!). Although I am an author, I'm also a self-taught web publishing professional and run the web admin side of a 23,000 strong reader group. Our little business has so far only promoted books and Amazon apps via social media and associate links, and selling inexpensive ads to authors ($15-$25, an author myself, I always want my client to make their ad money back on a $2.99 book). The magazine app is a brand new vehicle for us to really reach readers on their new devices and provide content in a more lasting and meaningful way. I wrote non-fiction articles for 4 years before writing fiction, and our magazine will have interactive content and also informative information specifically targeted at the Gen X and Boomers who have devices, but don't necessarily like technology. So this is me. If anyone else is using Adobe Creative Suite to make apps, I'd love to meet and greet and see if we can't help each other avoid stumbling blocks. I know there is DPS, but I don't own a Mac and I'm not quite ready to invest thousands of dollars for an "automated" publishing service when I can and WILL learn to make them myself.
fire tablet
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Elizabeth, Welcome to Amazon Appstore !!! It's easy to build and publish apps for Kindle Fire tablets. Hope you will enjoy working with Amazon while developing and submitting your app for Amazon appstore. You can refer our FAQ ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html) for your general queries. If you face any issue while developing your app, you can post your generic development query on Forum at the related Category or you can raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) for your queries specific to your app or your account. I will keep this post open for discussion for other developers who are using Adobe Creative Suite to make apps. Thank you.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fupagames avatar image
fupagames answered
We have about 100 game apps or so published with Adobe AIR. I just wish we could get the In App Payments to work.
10 |5000