question

charyb avatar image
charyb asked

Why is my app all of a sudden getting so many downloads?

I'm a bit confused as to how you go about finding non-popular apps on Amazon. My app "XXXXXX" is not the most popular as of last year 2012, however since January my sales have just spiked all of a sudden, and I'm not sure why. How are people finding my "XXXXXXXX" game on Amazon? Is there some kind of "Random App Generator" button on there? Because I can't see any other way of finding it other than literally searching "XXXXXXXX". This is really confusing me. Message was edited by: Sachin@Amazon
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Customers can discover and shop for apps on their Android mobile devices by searching it on Amazon appstore. Amazon markets your apps using proven ecommerce and marketing features such as search and search refinement, browse, and app recommendations based on customers’ past purchases. Amazon also supports featured marketing for apps. Please find more details at the following link: https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html#Marketing

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

charyb avatar image
charyb answered
Are you saying that the reason people are finding my app is because of the tags I've placed in it? Could it actually be the tags that are helping them to find it through the search? I have done little to no marketing for my app and yet it's surprisingly getting a large amount of downloads. I'm still confused as to how they are finding it, yet my other apps are getting no attention.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Yes, tags plays an important role in app visibility. Please find a related forum posts for this: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2137࡙