question

dragon-sama avatar image
dragon-sama asked

Friends Management

Hello, I'm a game designer and my team is working on porting a game to the kindle fire device. This game original version uses Facebook as a Social Network to retreive friends and create the in-game friend list... but now that we are trying to implement Game Circle I got confused a lot about how the friend lists are created and managed, including leaderboar creation... because of that I'd like to know from a design perspective (I can figure and understand complex ideas but at the end I don't have developer skills) how Game Circle works. My main doubts are: - How Game Circle creates and manages friends and how do those friends interact with games with previous Social Networks implementations (FB). - Can we intentionally decide which Game Circle tab is displayed (Leaderboards or Achievements) when we launch the Game Circle view through a determined access point? - Is it possible to import Game Circle friends to an in-game friend list, such as you normally do in tons of games with facebook friends?... - Is it possible to retreive Leaderboards and Achievements from Game Circle and display them in the in-game Leaderboard and Achievements? Thanks a lot in advance! It's been quite hard since there's very little information on this.
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Venkat@Amazon avatar image
Venkat@Amazon answered
Thank you for the post. We have forwarded your query to the appropriate team and will get back to you once we have an update.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Peter@AWS avatar image
Peter@AWS answered
Hello! Thanks for adding support for Kindle Fire. Taking your questions in order: 1) You can add new GameCircle friends on the Kindle Fire by following these steps: a) Select the Games tab, b) Touch the softmenu button and choose Friends from the menu that appears, c) Click the Add Friends link (denoted by the orange circle with plus sign), d) Enter the GameCircle nickname of the player you would like to add as a friend, then e) If that nickname exists, click the orange Friend button on the profile that is displayed. GameCircle used to facilitate import of Facebook friends, but Facebook recently began restricting access to its social network data by other services that maintain such relationships. As a result, GameCircle is no longer allowed to import Facebook friends. The GameCircle SDK (for developing applications) doesn't itself provide the ability to search/friend/unfriend other players. 2) Yes, if you're using the GameCircle SDK to bring up a GameCircle overlay within your game, you can determine what is displayed--it depends on which method is called. AchievementsClient.showAchievementsOverlay() will bring up an overlay showing a scrollable view of all (non-hidden) achievements available in the game. LeaderboardsClient.showLeaderboardsOverlay() will bring up an overlay showing the leaderboard you specify (or the first leaderboard, if you pass NULL). In both cases, the game will pause until the user dismisses the overlay. 3) No, friend import isn't currently supported by the GameCircle SDK. 4) Yes, the GameCircle SDK provides AchievementsClient.getAchievements() and LeaderboardsClient.getLeaderboards() to retrieve the list of achievements and leaderboards, respectively, associated with your game. Hope this helps! -peter