question

Bailey avatar image
Bailey asked

Kindle Fire 2 not found by ADB

Spent several hours today researching this topic and have yet to find a method that works. -Kind Fire 2nd Gen -Windows 7 -ADT and Eclipse are up to date -ADB is up to date -Android and Kindle SDK's have been installed via Android SDK Manager -Followed all steps exactly found at https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/connect-adb.html -Also followed steps found at the bottom of that page under "Known Issues" -Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Double Click Kindle (appears under "Unspecified") -Device Properties window appears, Under "General" tab, device is listed as "Android Composite ADB Interface" -Under "Details" tab, Hardwar Id's = USB\VID_1949&PID_000A&REV_0216 and USB\VID_1949&PID_000A -In the command shell, re-started adb, and ran command "adb devices" but no devices are found. Not sure what else to do, how do I get my Kindle Fire to be found by the ADB?
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Bailey, To connect your Kindle Fire to ADB, you must first enable ADB on your device. 1. On your device, go to Settings. (
Note: This does not apply to Kindle Fire (1st Generation), which has ADB enabled by default) 2. Under Security, turn "Enable ADB" to On, and then click OK in the pop-up warning message. (
Note: As a security precaution, we recommend turning Enable ADB to Off when you are not trying to connect to the device with ADB) Hope this helps.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bailey avatar image
Bailey answered
I have already done this. As I stated, I followed the instructions provided by The Amazon kindle fire Developers page, which stresses the importance of this step.

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Hi Bailey, ADB is a daemon, which runs as a background process on each emulator or device instance. This might be happen for following reason. 1)The Kindle Fire device driver is not installed properly. To install the driver, please go to \extras\amazon\ kindle_fire_usb_driver , run the Kindle Fire ADB drivers.exe, and then follow the instructions on the screen. Please ensure to restart your adb by using below commands. adb kill-server adb start-server Please reboot your pc incase if your KindleFire 2nd generation is not getting detected. Hope this information resolves your issue.

Bailey avatar image
Bailey answered
I have done this process already but I will uninstall the drivers and attempt it one more time and report back.

Bailey avatar image
Bailey answered
I re-installed the Kindle Fire ADB driver. Restarted ADB and restarted my computer. Then I plugged in my Kindle Fire 2. The computer recognizes the kindle as an "Android Composite ADB Interface". From the command line I started ADB and then ran "adb devices". No devices were found. As I said, I have followed all of these basic steps and am searching for some more in depth answers.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Bailey, Could you check your "adb_usb.ini" file in users/.android folder that the vendor id "0x1949" is mentioned there or not? You can also try uninstalling "Android Composite ADB interface" from device manager and install the driver again.

Bailey avatar image
Bailey answered
Yes, the vendor id is correct in the adb_usb.ini file, and I have done the uninstall/reinstall process several times already. Honestly I have just given up trying to get it to work on Windows. I booted into Linux and was able to get everything working there so I'll just develop in my Linux environment.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
You can also refer an existing post related to this issue: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=311&start=0&tstart=0