question

Michael D Wilson avatar image
Michael D Wilson asked

Stage3D?

does the Kindle Fire HD support the use of Stage3D in its AIR apps. Everytime I access stage.stage3Ds[0] it tells me it doesn't exist.
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Michael, Thank you for your post. Stage3D is supported in Air apps in Kindle fire. The number of available Stage3D objects depends on the platform and on the available hardware. And we have tested that stage.stage3D[0] is accessible from Kindle 1st, 2nd Gen and HD. Can you please let us know which version of Kindle Fire you are using? You can raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) for this with the detail of the error and one of our support engineer will help you shortly. Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael D Wilson answered
I submitted a support request and was basically pointed me back to the documentation

Michael D Wilson answered
The basics of my problem are this. stage.stage3Ds is empty and even when I add a new Stage3D to it I never the creation event for Context3D. All of this works in the emulator on Flash Builder 4.6

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Michael, I will reply you back in the same contactUs you raised on May 9th.