question

dont-spam-me-anymore avatar image
dont-spam-me-anymore asked

Spam email

I did not opt in or anything, but I received the following spam message in my private emailaccount. I want to know if the spam is coming directly from AMAZON.com, or from some so called "affiliate marketer" who is doing illegal things. The email contains the following links: http://mkto-sj080132.com/trk?t=2&mid=NjAyLUdGSC0wNDM6MjI6MTAyNToxMTowOjEwMDQ6NzozOTEyNzpJR29sZEFuZHJvaWRAZ21haWwuY29t&&&https://developer.amazon.com/welcome.html?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonu67MZKXonjHpfsX74u0vXrHr08Yy0EZ5VunJEUWy2YMBSNQ%2FcOedCQkZHblFnVoISK2yWqgNqqEO It looks like "Marketo" has been used to send the email. This is the email: Distribute Your Android Apps to Millions of Customers Worldwide on Amazon and Kindle Fire Kindle Fire with Coins Easily Port Your Android Apps to Kindle Fire Over 75% of Android apps submitted to us just work on Kindle Fire with no additional development necessary. Submit your Android app and it may work on Kindle Fire without additional coding. Target the Leading Android Tablet in the U.S. According to a Localytics report from January 2013, over half of Android tablets in the U.S. are Kindle Fire devices (measured based on usage of Localytics integrated apps). Reach Customers in Nearly 200 Countries Worldwide Your apps can be discovered and downloaded by millions of Amazon customers in nearly 200 countries around the world including the U.S., Canada, Germany, France, Spain, and Italy. Learn more here. Monetize Your Apps with Amazon Coins Kindle Fire owners in the U.S. recently received tens of millions of dollars worth of Amazon Coins that they can only spend on apps or in-app items. As customers use their Amazon Coins on your Kindle Fire apps, you?ll still get 70% revenue share. Learn more about Amazon Coins here. If you submit your apps before July 15, 2013, you'll be considered for free marketing support after your app launches on Amazon. It?s easy to get started: Register for a developer account today on the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal. We?re waiving the $99 registration fee for the first year! Submit your app here. Once your app is submitted, submit your marketing request here. Sincerely, Amazon Mobile App Distribution Team The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Distribution Blog ln brk Twitter YouTube Enjoyed this email? Sign up to our mailing list to hear more about our offers and learn more about Amazon mobile app development. Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. � 2013 Amazon.com or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Amazon and Amazon.com are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109.
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

rmandel@aws avatar image
rmandel@aws answered
Thank you for notifying us. We gather contact information from various sources and ensure that all developer recruitment emails have an opt-out. If you have trouble opting-out via the link at the bottom of the email you received, please contact us via https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html for assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.