question

Thomas Woodfin avatar image
Thomas Woodfin asked

Please remove special symbols - When Translating description to other Lang

Hi we have small issues when translating original description to other Languages. We are using Google Translate for translating our app description and Add new translation and paste it on their required Field. However we got this ERROR "Please remove special symbols" in most of the translations. I am not sure but this Could be the symbols from the results of the trasnlations Example: English The nyc museum of natural history played an important role in our research for app. When Translated to other language El museo de historia natural de Nueva York jugó un papel importante en nuestra investigación para la aplicación. From the above results, Yes I can see some symbols because its normal when translated to other languages. I also did "Paste as plain text" but still not working. Please help us if you have similar query and we would be glad for quick solutions. Thanks
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Thomas, Thank you for your post. I was successfully able to add your description using my Mobile App Distribution Portal account in different languages (in translation) and I did not face any issue. English: The nyc museum of natural history played an important role in our research for app Spanish: El museo de historia natural de Nueva York jugó un papel importante en nuestra investigación para la aplicación German: Die nyc Museum of Natural History spielte eine wichtige Rolle in unserer Forschung für ca. Can you please try again and let us know if you still face the same issue?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

"adam_ratana" avatar image
"adam_ratana" answered
I am having this problem even with english, and it is so frustrating that I basically will not be updating my app descriptions, or adding translations. if someone can contact me about this that would be great. I am afraid to add translations or anything else at this point, I just want to update the app and get it out to the amazon user base who already have it. Can someone describe what a "special symbol" is? Could this be unix vs windows line feeds or carriage returns? Could it be if I am editing a text document in UTF-8 vs ISO? This is incredibly frustrating.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Adam, Thank you for your post. Can you please raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with below information. 1. App name 2. The field name you are not able to edit with information. 3. The text you are trying to enter there. 4. Are there any other fields you are facing the same issue! Please mention this thread url ( https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=846) in the ContactUs by saying that you are told to write there with above details. We would be happy to help you out.
10 |5000

depAdvance avatar image
depAdvance answered
I had the same problem and I solved it this way: I copied the text in Word and I used the "Ctrl + (." So you become visible and you can delete the incorrect digits.
10 |5000

lonebuyer avatar image
lonebuyer answered
I run into this issue all the time. So to fix/compensate, as I usually get my content via email from someone at my company, I go thru this process: Copy the entire text. Open a new google documents Paste File > Download As > Plain Text (.txt) Open that new downloaded file Copy the contents Paste into amazon developer portal. HTHs
10 |5000